What is a PMA+?
A Procurement Maturity Assessment is an independent detailed assessment of your procurement function. It provides you with a bespoke action plan for improvement, a baseline to measure improvements, and benchmark scores against similar institutions. A PMA+ helps universities see where they are, and more importantly, develop a plan to get them where they want to be.
The PMA programme has been hailed as a game-changer for procurement in the HE sector. Since the inception of the PMA programme, over 100 institutions have taken part and there has been a continuous improvement of sector-wide scores in each category of assessment.
What will a PMA+ Help You Do?
- Elevate the importance of procurement efficiency to your senior executive team
- Drive qualitative input from key senior stakeholders including Finance Directors and decision-makers behind major purchases, including Directors of Estates, ICT and Marketing
- Provide your Audit Committee with assurance that your institution is meeting sector benchmarks and performing both effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrate to the Office for Students that procurement best practice is delivering value.
What do our clients say?
Completing successive PMA’s has given Newcastle an impetus and a defined target to ensure continuous improvement is achieved in our Procurement Services team. The assessment criteria are clear and the pathway to Superior performance is mapped out. The Action Plan after each assessment ensures we prioritise our areas to improve and allows easy sharing of improvement activities across the procurement services team. This has all contributed to successive and validated improvements in our performance culminating in a Superior assessment. The PMA+ is particularly well placed to drive further improvement and stretch across the sector.
– Neil Addison, Procurement Manager, Newcastle University